sbobet master agent_login bonus online casino uk_Welfare offer bet365 bonus code 2019 vip
Michaele Whelan, Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
The Provost for Emerson College, michaele_whelanemerson [dot] edu (Michaele Whelan), provides leadership for academic planning, program development at the undergraduate and graduate levels, assessment, advancement of scholarship, research and creative work, excellence in teaching, global engagement initiatives, and academic innovation including online learning. Responsible for advocating for and supporting faculty, the Provost ensures the academic rigor of the learning experiences at Emerson.
The principal areas of her responsibilities are:
- the College’s academic programs, budget, and space including those located in the School of the Arts, School of Communication, the Institute for Liberal Arts and Interdisciplinary Studies, the Graduate School
- the Iwasaki Library
- the Department of Professional Studies and Special Programs
- the Office of Internationalization and Global Engagement including the Department of External Programs and Study Abroad, the Kasteel Well semester-abroad program, and International Student Services
- the Office of Research and Creative Scholarship
- Institutional Research
- Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning, and Academic Advising.
Michaele Whelan has a B.A., summa cum laude, from Cornell University, and an M.A. and Ph.D. in English and American Literature from Harvard University. A humanist with over twenty years of experience in higher education, first in academic and then administrative roles, she has worked with school deans, faculty, students, staff and trustees to shape an academic vision and academic priorities for Brandeis University and Tufts University. She has taught in English departments and programs in American Studies and Women’s Studies at The Pennsylvania State University, Harvard University, Tufts and Brandeis. Her area of expertise is modern and postmodern American literature with a focus on gendered narratology. She is the recipient of teaching awards, has published in her field, and is a member of the academic honor societies Phi Beta Kappa and Phi Kappa Phi.
E-mail: Michaele_Whelanemerson [dot] edu
The Office of Academic Affairs oversees all academic-related activities. It is responsible for academic policies and procedures, accreditation, strategic planning, assessment of student learning, faculty development, program reviews, academic departments and student support offices including the School of Communication, School of the Arts, the Institute of Liberal Arts and Interdisciplinary Studies, and graduate programs.