login bonus online casino free signup bonus no deposit required_Welfare offer vvip maxbet tips_Welfare offer mr green bonus terms
A Mind for Business. A Passion for Arts & Communication.
The Business of Creative Enterprises major is among the first of its kind in the country. Our students are driven by a passion for arts and communication and interested in leading and managing businesses in the creative economy.
The program focuses on the interconnection between business strategy, creative thinking, and ideas, helping students learn about and adapt to an ever-changing economy. BCE prepares students to become executives, managers, and innovators in new or existing creative enterprises in Arts and Entertainment, Communication, Media, and Publishing sectors. ?
The program is designed to help students:
- Redefine existing business strategies and establish new practices in the creative economy
- Develop the skill-set needed to adapt and lead in changing and evolving fields
- Identify emerging trends, communicate ideas, build communities and connect to new markets
- Create, analyze, interpret and evaluate financial statements
- Analyze risk and create action plans to support enterprise goals
The program draws its faculty and courses from Emerson’s departments of?Marketing Communication, Visual & Media Arts, Performing Arts, Communication Studies, and?Writing, Literature & Publishing. In addition to real-world training in communication and the arts, students will work with industry leaders to develop a unique creative voice and business acumen in a collaborative and supportive environment.?Learn how to apply today.
There is no better place to study the business of creative enterprises than in Boston, a city recognized by Forbes as one of the most creative in America and one of the biggest centers of the creative economy. You can also choose to spend a semester at our Los Angeles campus and take advantage of a broad range of internships with studios, production companies, publications, agencies, and startups. At both campuses, you will interact with distinguished professionals in lectures, workshops, master classes, and internships.
Our core curriculum includes:
- Introduction to the Creative Economy: Explores creativity as a skill, the Creative Class, work history, ethics and Creative Industries
- Creative Collaboration: Theory and practice with respect to group collaboration and roles explored through focal industries of the Creative Economy
- Developing an Aesthetic Sensibility through Creative and Critical Thinking: Bridge aesthetic and business world views to create a portfolio
- Business Fundamentals for the Creative Enterprise: Trends, strategies, opportunities, and operations in enterprises
- Marketing the Creative Enterprise: Core functions and the role of marketing among them
- Finance and Accounting: Create, analyze, interpret and evaluate financial statements
- Strategic Management & Analytical Decision Making: Analyze risk and create action plans to support enterprise goals
- Senior Experience
The?creative economy?contains an exciting cross section of enterprises and individuals working together to redefine existing business strategies and establish new practices in:
- Visual Arts
- Film and media
- Digital games
- Music and entertainment