Intercultural Student Affairs
free login latest no deposit casino bonuses_bodog poker us players_login bonus empire city casino free credits
This program, open to all students, is an opportunity for self-identified students of color to have early access to campus and begin to make it their home. Our program is particularly relevant for students from traditionally underrepresented groups/backgrounds. We provide this opportunity for our students to get acclimated with this new environment, while meeting members of the college community with whom they will share their Emerson experience.
It?is offered free of charge and includes all meals for students and snacks for families and guests on Saturday.?
Registration will take place via the Admission?portal. When you register our office will reserve a spot for you. We do have a cap on participants so acceptance is first come, first served.
What happens at Pre Orientation?
- settle into your permanent room placement early
- engage with new and returning students
- attend info sessions with staff, faculty and?students
- learn about resources available to you on campus
- explore multicultural Boston
What are the benefits of attending?
You’ll get an early start at:
- strong campus connections
- leadership development
- community building
- intercultural exploration
- establishing a network of peer support
Check out our sample schedule from the fall 2018 program:
10:00 a.m. Move-In
2:30 p.m. Housing Meeting - Everyone MUST attend, so please plan to move-in prior to this time.
2:30 p.m. Family/Parent Session
5:00 p.m. Welcome to Emerson Icebreakers!
6:00 p.m. Dinner
7:00 p.m. Film & Festivities featuring Coco
9:00 a.m. Intercultural Community?Welcome
10:00 a.m. Candid Conversations with Community Members of Color
12:00 p.m. Lunch
1:00 p.m. Project ICONIC: Intercultural Creation of New Ideas Confab
5:00 p.m. Group Photo
6:00 p.m. Intercultural Taste of Boston Dinner Experience
9:00 a.m. Breakfast
10:00 a.m. Intercultural Excursion?of Multicultural Boston
12:00 p.m. Lunch
4:00 p.m.?Project ICONIC Finale Presentations (ends by 6:00 p.m.)
*The fall 2019 schedule will be available shortly. Note this schedule may be subject to change.
Student-athletes please note:
Contact your coach and review your training schedule to determine if you will be available to attend the pre-orientation sessions. We are happy to work with you and your coach to determine how to maximize your participation.?
- New students will be prompted to register for this program bet on share pricesvia the Admission portal.
- Student of Color Pre Orientation is?2019 dates TBA.
- Orientation for all new students is 2019 dates TBA.
- Week of Welcome activities are 2019 dates TBA.
- Fall 2019 classes begin TBA.
- Questions? Email interculturalemerson [dot] edu (subject: Pre%20Orientation%20Program%20for%20Students%20of%20Color) .?