Institute for Liberal Arts & Interdisciplinary Studies
free login m88?soccer_free login william hill canada_football betting sites with cash out
Participating Faculty: Miranda Banks (VMA), Lindsey Beck (IN), Claudia Casta?eda (IN), Benoit Denizet-Lewis (WLP), Ken Feil (VMA), Daniela Kukrechtova (WLP), Kristin J. Lieb (MC), Cynthia Miller (IN), Yasser Munif (IN), Sukanya Ray (IN), Tulasi Srinivas (IN), Erika Williams (WGSS Advisor, IN), and Sarah Zaidan (VMA).
This minor offers students the opportunity to think critically about the meaning and expression of gender and sexuality in everyday life, culture, and institutions. Students will develop an historical awareness of the role of feminism as well as LGBTQ movements in both local and global contexts. This history and the more contemporary lived practices of sex, gender, and sexual orientation will be contextualized in relation to other categories of difference. After completing the minor, students will be more versed in imagining effective ways to combat inequity and foster transformations of identities and social roles.
For the women's, gender & sexuality studies minor, at least 16 credit hours in designated courses are required.
The core course, IN 200 Introduction to Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies or SO 206, Gender in a Global Perspective, is required.
- IN 200 - Introduction to Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies
- SO 206 - Gender in a Global Perspective
For the remaining 12 credits, students may choose from the following courses,?at least one of which must be at the 300 or 400 level.?(For additional classes always check the semester registration listings.)
- IN 117?- Women Artists in Cultural Contexts
- IN 138?- Staging American Women: The Culture of Burlesque
- IN 152?- Cultural Construction of Identity
- IN 154?- Power and Privilege
- IN 200?- Introduction to Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies (if not used as core course)
- IN 214?- Topics in Gender Studies**
- IN 230?- Evolution of Queer Identity: History, Literature, and Theory
- IN 307?- Gender, Sexuality, and the Middle East
- IN 310?- Gender, Sexuality, and the American Music Industry
- IN 319?- Feminist Cultural Theory*
- IN 406?- Queer Dreams: Politics, Culture, and Difference*
- LI 210?- American Women Writers
- LI 396?- International Women Writers*
- LI 436?- Cultural Criticism*
- PS 306?- Psychology of Prejudice*
- PS 307?- Psychology of Relationships*
- SO 206?- Gender in a Global Perspective (if not used as core course)
- TH 205?- Dress Codes:?American Clothes in the 20th Century
- TH 531?- Contemporary Women Playwrights
**Check current course listings for specific topics