Institute for Liberal Arts & Interdisciplinary Studies
Welfare offer casino w88_login bonus online casino with welcome bonus_free login royal panda chinese
Participating Faculty: Claudia Casta?eda (IN), Catherine D'Ignazio (JR), Mneesha Gellman (IN), John Gianvito (VMA), Roger House (JR), Jon Honea (IN), Cara Moyer-Duncan (IN), Yasser Munif (IN)**, Russell Newman (IN), Greg Payne (CS), Joshua Polster (PA), and Nejem Raheem (MK).
This minor provides students with an opportunity to engage in critical inquiry around peace and social justice as a historical and contemporary topic. Through the lens of the social sciences, arts and humanities, political communication, media, and technology, students are introduced to key concepts, empirical realities and trends, and practical strategies linked with advocacy for peace and social justice. Students are encouraged to engage with the Office of Service Learning and the Elma Lewis Center, as well as programs such as Alternative Spring Break.
A minimum of 4 courses, 16 credits, are required for the minor. Students select courses from the list below and must include at least one course at the 300 or 400 level.
- IN 110?-? Culture, the Arts, and Social Change
- IN 154?-? Power and Privilege
- IN 155?-? Post Racial America?
- IN 208?-? Rainbow Nation? Race, Class, and Culture in South Africa
- IN 211?-? Africana Thought and Practice
- IN 235?-? The Arab Uprisings: A Social History of the Modern Middle East and North Africa
- IN 326?-? Too Thick to Navigate: The Ecology and Economics of Rivers*
- IN 333?-? Power and Public Spheres
- IN 336?-? It's Not Paranoia if They're Really After You
- CC 220?-? Public Discourse in the U.S.
- CC 263?-? Argument and Advocacy
- CC 303?-? Politics, Advocacy, and Public Opinion
- CC 344?-? Rhetoric of Social Movements*
- CC 361?-? Public Diplomacy and Global Activism
- HI 203?-? Social Movements in the U.S.
- JR 270?-? Civic Art and Design Studio
- JR 300?-? History of the Alternative Press*
- PH 110?-? Ethics and Justice
- PL 222?-? Human Rights
- PL 322?-? Truth, Justice, and Reconciliation*
- PL 410?-? Collective Action and Identity Politics
- VM 308?-? Cinema and Social Change*
- VM 420?-? Storytelling for Social Impact
**Advisor for the minor