Department of Visual & Media Arts
1000$ no deposit bonus casino_free login sportingbet login_login bonus racebets review
- Boston Audio Society: An independent, nonprofit, member-supported organization that meets monthly to hear and discuss developments in audio, video, and related fields.
- Boston Audio Engineering Society: The only professional society devoted exclusively to audio technology. Its members include leading engineers, scientists, and other authorities in the audio field.
- Boston Media Makers: An informal group of media makers that meet to discuss projects on a monthly basis. Members include video and audio producers and artists.
- Central Productions: A film arts and production organization whose mission is to advance an emerging film community and to contribute alternative bodies of work within the culture of the moving image.
- Creative Hot List: A customizable online application for connecting talent, companies, and services. It has a sophisticated search engine and enables users to find individuals, companies, and resources for any aspect of the creative marketplace, including job openings, creative services, artists, designers, programmers, printers, service bureaus, schools, and clubs.
- bet on share pricesGrub Street: Workshops, events, and professional development opportunities for writers of all levels.
- Harvard Square Scriptwriters: Representatives from almost every profession in the film industry have come to Harvard Square Scriptwriters. Some seek help with a specific project, some participate to simply learn script writing basics, and still others come to refresh or hone their skills.
- Hey Audio Student: In collaboration with the Audio Engineering Society, Hey Audio Student keeps audio fans in the loop about events and opportunities in the Boston area.
- Hire Culture: A searchable database of cultural employment opportunities in Massachusetts, including internship and volunteer opportunities listed by region.
- Idealist: A project of Action Without Borders, an interactive site where people and organizations can exchange resources and ideas, and locate opportunities and supporters.
- Independent Feature Project: An organization that aids in the professional development of its members proactively and directly supports individual projects, seeks to cultivate and expand the audience for independent film, and advocates for policies that protect and solidify the position of independents within the larger business and artistic landscape.
- Massachusetts Innovation and Technology Exchange (MITX: “my-techs”): An industry and professional organization in which technology, marketing, and digital media intersect. Reaching more than 6,000 professionals in New England, MITX is a community for thought leadership, building business relationships, and professional training and development.
- Massachusetts Production Coalition: The MPC, as a coalition of working media professionals, is the guiding force behind film, television, video, and new media production in the State of Massachusetts. Its site has details about shooting incentives and logistics, professional development, and events.
- Media Bistro: Dedicated to anyone who creates or works with content, or who is a non-creative professional working in a content/creative industry.
- Meetup: A site where people with common interests can arrange to engage in various activities as a group. Boston has a very active International Art House movie meetup group.
- New England Film: An online resource and magazine for local film and video professionals with an extensive message board and listing of freelancers and production organizations throughout New England.
- New England Section of the Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers: A nonprofit educational and scientific organization of New England people with a common interest in film/video technology.
- Transom: An experiment in channeling new work and voices to public radio through the Internet, for discussing that work, and encouraging more.
- Withoutabox: A portal for festival submissions where you can upload your press kit and fill out the submission form through its site. It has a very active messageboard.
- Women Make Movies: Established to address the underrepresentation and misrepresentation of women in the media industry, it is a multicultural, multiracial, nonprofit media arts organization that facilitates the production, promotion, distribution, and exhibition of independent films and videotapes by and about women.
Visit the Career Development Center?for additional job resources.